Monday, May 20, 2013

Oriental Ramen Noodle Salad

This is another recipe I found on the WW Recipe Review Board. I have not made it for years, but I thought it would be a great side for the Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon. The original recipe called for beef flavored Ramen. I thought is was too strong. I like oriental or chicken flavored Ramen. I am sure any flavor would work in this salad. Dad was a huge fan of this salad. He kept adding another little spoon to his plate. It is a sweet and crunchy salad. I use to bring it for my work lunches. I just may have to put it back into my meal rotation.






Oriental Ramen Noodle Salad
Serves 6 to 8

Ingredients

1 pkg oriental or chicken flavored Ramen noodles
1 large package Coleslaw mix
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Dressing:
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup water
1  flavor packet from Ramen noodles
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar

Directions

Break noodles into pieces and mix with coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, onions, and almonds in a large bowl. Combine ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake vigorously. Pour over salad, toss and chill for several hours. When ready to eat, toss again to coat.







Linking to:
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo

2 comments:

  1. I do like the sound of this for lunch! And green onion is always, always a plus for me.
    Thank you for linking up this week, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blogging all your wonderful recipes and ideas and everything else (lol ) !!! I haven't even looked at everything and I am in heaven !!!! I am so excited--- Thank you Denise !!!! Happy Kat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...