Thursday, February 6, 2014

Breakfast Pizza

If you love thin crust pizza and over easy eggs you are going to love this breakfast. This is the brain child of my favorite person in the world. He started making pizza at home using store bought ultra thin pizza crust or flour tortillas. He told me he made one with precooked breakfast sausage and egg. I had flour tortillas and tried it myself. It was delicious! He is such a smart guy! Since then, I have made all kinds of individual pizzas. It is so easy and there is almost nothing to clean up. This morning I made a Breakfast Pizza with bacon and egg. It was so good! The tortilla gets really crispy on the edges and the egg perfectly over easy. Definitely a great new breakfast or breakfast for dinner option.



Breakfast Pizza
Serves 1 or 2

Ingredients

2 - 6" flour tortilla
2 Tbsp. pizza sauce
Mozzarella cheese
1 slice precooked bacon, chopped
2 large eggs

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place tortillas on a piece of aluminum foil. Spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each. Top with half of the cheese and bacon; arranging the bacon around the edge. Carefully break an egg in the center of each tortilla. Place the pizzas on the aluminum foil in the center of the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the foil and enjoy!




**UPDATE**
For an even crisper crust place a sheet pan
upside down in the oven before you pre-heat the oven.
Place your tortilla and foil on the sheet pan.
The tortilla will be evenly crisp from center to edge.

Linking to:
My Turn for Us: Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends
My Kitchen Escapades: Super Saturday Link Party
My Mixing Spoon: Random Recipe Roundup
Ms.enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo
Carole's Chatter: Food on Friday - Pizza

3 comments:

  1. Think I have everything I need to make these for breakfast tomorrow! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry! That's great, I hope you enjoy it. I just had another tortilla pizza today for lunch (ham, green bell pepper and mushroom). I think I am hooked. Thanks for stopping by Terry. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a morning person. But I would get up early to have this for breakfast. Great idea! Thank you for sharing, Denise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...