Monday, July 6, 2015

Southwest Catfish Foil Packet

Several weeks ago I made Picante Fish a recipe I found on a YouTube channel called Texas Style Cuisine. It was so easy, healthy and delicious. It gave me all kinds of ideas for more foil packet meals. The possibilities are endless and experimenting will surely be delicious. But even better the clean up is almost nothing. I mean I used a plate here to take a pretty picture for you, but honestly you could enjoy this meal right out of the foil pack. This foil packet is still southwest in flavor. I built a bed of canned black beans and corn, then topped with bell pepper, red onion and tomatoes. The veggies protect the fish and helps to keep the fish moist while grilling. To season the fish I used a homemade Fajita Seasoning and green salsa. Both add Southwest flair, but the salsa adds moisture and flavor. I topped with a fresh flourish of cilantro. It was so good! I love how you get almost all the food groups in one neat packet. This is such a fast, easy weeknight meal. I plan to make it many more times in the future. I hope you enjoy it too.


Southwest Catfish Foil Packet
Serves 1

Ingredients

1/3 cup can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup can no salt added corn, drained
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
6 grape tomatoes, halved
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 tsp. olive oil
1 catfish filet
2 Tbsp. green salsa
Cilantro chopped

Directions

Preheat grill to high heat for 10 minutes.

On a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil layer ingredients; black beans, corn, bell pepper, onion and tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place catfish filet on top of veggies and season with fajita seasoning and green salsa. Seal foil packet by rolling the sides of foil over the top; then seal and secure the ends. Place on the grill lowering temp to medium. Cook at medium for 20 minutes. Remove from grill and allow to rest five minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro.








Linking to:
Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday
God's Growing Garden: Tuesdays with a Twist
Buns In My Oven: What's Cookin' Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...