Friday, June 6, 2014

Green Beans in Garlic Black Bean Sauce

These are not just any green beans, these are Italian snap beans. They are large flat beans that I brought home from Ed Lester Farms. I snapped the stems off and blanched them, at that point they really made a great snack. I would love to try them in a veggie dip next time. This week I used them in an Oriental style stir-fry. I have had a similar green bean dish on a Chinese buffet. So I wanted to try to make something similar. I was so thrilled with the way this recipe turned out. I absolutely love the savory sausage with the green beans. Dear sister loved it too. I will definitely try it again with other varieties of green beans too. I really enjoyed the flavor of the black bean sauce. It was salty and savory too. But be careful with this ingredient, it can be really salty if you use to much. I can't wait to try it in other recipes. I just may have to go back to the farm again this week to get more beans.


Green Beans in Garlic Black Bean Sauce
Serves 2

Ingredients

1-1/2 lbs. Italian green beans, stems removed
1 tsp. canola oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
5 oz. reduced fat breakfast sausage
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2" piece of ginger finely minced
3 green onions, sliced white parts separated from green parts
1 tablespoon black bean sauce
1 tsp. garlic chili paste
1 tsp. low sodium soy sauce

Directions

Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add green beans and blanch for 2 minutes. Remove and place in ice water to stop cooking. Drain and set aside.

Place a wok over medium high heat, add the canola and sesame oil. Add the sausage, stir-fry breaking up the sausage until it is fully cooked. Add the garlic, ginger and the white part of the green onions. Stir-fry until fragrant, and then add the green beans.  Stir-fry a minute longer, then add the black bean sauce, garlic chili paste and soy sauce. Continue to stir-fry until well combined and beans are warm. Serve garnished with the sliced green onion tops.






Linking to:
Ms. enPlace: See You in the Gumbo
Jam Hands: Recipe Sharing Monday
Stone Cottage Adventures: Tuesdays with a Twist
Lori's Culinary Creations: Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday
Family Home and Life: Wow Us Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. I like those Italian green beans too.
    This looks very good, Denise. We are huge fans of garlic here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do! I bought more Saturday. Have a great Father's Day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...