Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Creamy Mac and Cheese

Oh boy! Did I make a mess with this recipe Friday. I had everything timed out perfectly. The Turkey Burgers and the Creamy Mac and Cheese would be finished at the same time. Then it happened. I went to drain the cooked elbow macaroni and I dumped the entire thing into the sink. Ooops! I am so glad I had penne in the pantry. The good news is now I know this recipe is delicious with elbows, shells and penne. This recipe is adapted from a Southern Living recipe. The original recipe used all full fat ingredients and refrigerated Alfredo sauce. I find you don't miss the fat at all. It is creamy and so easy. I like that you automatically get a two cheese mac and cheese by using the Alfredo sauce. You can customize the recipe and use any cheese or pasta shape you like. This is a very flexible and delicious recipe. 





Creamy Mac and Cheese
Adapted from: Southern Living
Makes 2 to 3 main-dish or 4 to 6 side-dish servings

Ingredients

1 (8 oz) package elbow macaroni (2 cups dry)
1 (15 oz) jar light Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 (8 oz) 2 % sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
Parsley, roughly chopped (optional)

Directions

Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.

Bring Alfredo sauce and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in cooked pasta. Serve garnished with parsley. 






Linking to:
Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
Ms.enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo
Carole's Chatter: Food on Fridays - American Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. It certainly is creamy. I'm a total sucker for that! Thank you for linking up, Denise!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...