Saturday, October 5, 2013

Breakfast Nachos

This deliciously different breakfast was inspired by my favorite person in the world. I was talking to him one night and he said he had just made Breakfast Nachos. Immediately I could vision the dish, even before he told me his recipe. Well his recipe was a bit different from the picture I had already created in my head. His nachos were just sausage and cheese. Yesterday I brought my recipe to life. I love the soft cooked eggs with the crisp tortilla chips. The eggs are almost creamy and of course cheesy. I enjoyed all the garnishes, but I think my favorite was a little sour cream, salsa and cilantro.It was really very easy and I could see more variations in the future. Maybe some sausage to replace the bacon. Or maybe some re-fried beans even. Definitely a great new breakfast option.



Breakfast Nachos
Serves 1

Ingredients

2 slices of bacon
2 eggs, beaten
Dash of Sazon
1-1/2 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1-1/2 Tbsp onion, chopped
1-1/2 Tbsp bell pepper, chopped
4 grape tomatoes, quartered
salt, black pepper, red pepper flake, to taste
7 round corn chips
2% shredded Mexican cheese blend

Optional toppings:
light sour cream
salsa
cilantro
pickled jalapeno slices
lime, cut in wedges

Directions

Cook the bacon. When cool enough to handle chop into 2" pieces and set aside. Beat eggs in a small dish, season with a dash of Sazon and set aside. Heat a small skillet over medium heat, add butter and olive oil. When butter is melted add onion, peppers and tomatoes. Season with salt, black and red pepper. Saute until onions are translucent. Lower the heat to med-low and add the beaten eggs. Cook stirring the eggs until soft cooked. Remove from heat. Place corn chips on a microwave safe plate. Top each chip with a portion of egg mixture and a good pinch of shredded cheese. Microwave for 30 - 45 seconds until cheese is melted. Remove from microwave and top each nacho with a piece of bacon and the optional toppings of your choice. Serve!





Linking to:
My Mixing Spoon: Random Recipe Roundup Linkie Party
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chicks Blog Hop
This Gal Cooks: Marvelous Mondays
Ms. enPlace: See Ya the Gumbo
The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen: Show Me Your Plaid Mondays
The Tumbleweed Contessa: What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cassidy's Cooking Collection: Linky & Drinky
Anyonita Nibbles: Tasty Tuesdays
Memories by the Mile: Tuesday Trivia-Delaware and Link Party
Love Bakes Good Cakes: All My Bloggy Friends
Buns in My Oven: What's Cookin' Wednesday
Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday

12 comments:

  1. Great idea. I make nachos with all kinds of things (I've even made bacon nachos). I love breakfast tacos, so this is the next logical step. This would be great for early football games. Saw this on RRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mexican for breakfast...what a great idea! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Thanks for sharing! Pinned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy amazing idea!!! Thanks for linking up at http://cass-eats.blogspot.com/2013/10/linky-drinky-4.html I hope you will link up again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wouldn't want nachos for breakfast?! Looks delicious and I love how colorful they are. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will just love these Breakfast Nachos and can't wait to try them. Hope you are having a fun weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM-O! This concept would never have occurred to me for breakfast. Clever! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I’ll be featuring you on this week’s hop, so please feel free to come grab a Featured button!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Kathy, What a nice surprise! I am thrilled you liked the recipe and will feature it at Clever Chicks Blog Hop. I will be proud to add your button to my feature page. Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Sure hope you are having a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Miz Helen, I will display my new red plate with pride. Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. Hello Denise,
    My boys LOVE nachos! Definitely will try this with them soon. Love your blog :)
    Ophelia
    LatinaMamaRama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Ophelia, I hope your boys enjoy them. Love your blog too! Have a great day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...