Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Georgetown Turkey Avocado Sandwich

Here is another Turkey Avocado Sandwich from Texas. When I lived in Georgetown, Texas I worked for a floor covering store. The store was owned by a lovely generous couple. They designed the store with a large kitchen for a display. We would all gathered there for our lunch breaks. This sandwich is a treat that my dear lady boss would make for us. This with a Route 44 Sonic iced tea with lime was all we needed for a healthy lunch. I know I just shared the Gladewater Turkey Sandwich but I had to share this one too. After all I had all the ingredients on hand. It is wonderfully savory and surprisingly not too spicy. The Dijon mustard and jalapenos are so savory and peppery. The nice thing is that the fresh avocado smooths everything out. So so delicious! It brought me right back to my days in Texas.



Georgetown Turkey Avocado Sandwich
Serves 2

Ingredients

4 slices multi-grain bread (I used 12 grain)
4 tsp Dijon mustard
8 slices smoked turkey
4 tomato slices
1 avocado, sliced
8 pickled jalapeno slices
2 lettuce leaves
kosher salt, to taste

Directions

Spread each slice of bread with mustard. Layer two pieces of bread with turkey, tomato and avocado. Season tomato and avocado with salt. Add jalapeno slices and remaining slices of bread. Add lettuce leaves and season with salt. Slice sandwiches in half and serve.




For more Georgetown inspired recipes 
check out these previously posted recipes:





Linking to:
Love Bakes Good Cakes: All My Bloggy Friends
Buns In My Oven: What's Cookin Wednesday
Carole's Chatter: Food on Fridays - Sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...