Friday, July 4, 2014

Grilled Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers

This is an amazing low maintenance two ingredient appetizer. Just two ingredients! How easy is that? Wait does cooking spray count? I don't think it does. Anyway this is a very simple and flavorful appetizer. All you need is turkey Italian sausage and a bag of mini multi-colored peppers. No salt! No pepper! All the seasoning is in the sausage. So good! So simple. The first time I made them dear sister had brought me a beautiful bag of red, yellow and orange peppers. They were all small about the size of a jalapeno. When I went to buy a bag myself, they were almost all orange peppers. So what you will see here is orange sweet peppers (that look yellow) and a jalapeno pepper for color. Just close your eyes and imagine all the colors. It's beautiful right? No matter the color, these little appetizers taste like sausage and peppers in just 2 or 3 bites. They are great hot and at room temperature. I really liked the jalapeno too. It was not too hot, just a little spicier than the sweet peppers. Dear sister loved them. I can't wait to make them for Mom and Dad. I think Dad will not even mind that it is turkey Italian sausage. Try them on your friends and family. They are so impressive for very little effort.

Now for one more order of business. What do you think of my distressed baking sheet background? This is actually a clean pan that I have been keeping in the oven, upside down to cook my Tortilla Pizzas on. It has really developed a patina or distressed look. I have been seeing all these rustic photos of grilled foods, so I thought I would try it. I can't decide if I love it? Or if I think it is too rustic? Opinions?




Grilled Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers
Serves approx. 8 to 10

Ingredients

1 lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
1 bag of mini sweet peppers (jalapenos, Fresnos or a mix)
Olive oil cooking spray

Directions

Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat for 10 minutes.

Half peppers from stem to tip. Remove seeds and stem. Stuff each half with turkey Italian sausage. Fill forming a rounded top. The turkey will shrink so over stuff them a little. Spray the turkey with a little olive oil cooking spray.

Grill turkey side down for 4 minutes. Flip and grill pepper side down 4 more minutes. Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes. Serve as an appetizer or snack.





Linking to:
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chicks Blog Hop
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo
Horrific Knits: Inspired Weekends
Carole's Chatter: Food on Friday - Italian Food
Stone Cottage Adventures: Tuesdays with a Twist
Creative K Kids: Tasty Tuesdays
Dizzy Busy & Hungry: Wine'd Down Wednesday
Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
Hungry Harps: #GetHimFed Fridays
My Turn for Us: Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends
Buns In My Oven: What's Cookin' Wednesday
Snippets of Inspiration: Weekend Wind Down Link Party

11 comments:

  1. These are nice, Denise. Hope you bring them on over to Food on Friday: Italian Food. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always interested in something different and I can't wait to try your Sausage Stuffed Peppers, they look delicious.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise, just stopped by to let you know you've been featured today over at Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, Thanks so much for featuring my Creamy Cucumber Dressing. What a fun surprise! Have a lovely day.

      Check Carole's Cucumber Recipes at http://caroleschatter.blogspot.com/2014/07/cucumber-recipe-links-inspiration.html

      Delete
  4. Oh how mouthwatering! I pinned it to our Tasty Tuesdays Creative K pinterest board. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! I love the pepper on the bottom! Thanks so much for linking up to Wine'd Down Wednesday! :-)
    Cathy @ three kids and a fish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like rustic! I like easy too and these pepper appetizers rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Michelle, I am dying to try it with fresh sausage. But I can't find good Cajun fresh sausage in north Louisiana. I need to plan a trip.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your post with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to #GetHimFed last week. I'm featuring your post on #GetHimFed No. 44. Can’t wait to see what you bring this week. We party from early Friday morning through Sunday night every week. I’ve also pinned to our #GetHimFed Pinterest board.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Annamaria, I am thrilled for the Certified Manly Button and the feature. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...