Saturday, November 30, 2013

Recipe Review: Thai Basil Beef

I'm back to blogging after a long fun filled Thanksgiving holiday. There has been a lot of cooking going on. So be looking for new posts over the next few days. Here is what happened before the holidays.

The week before Thanksgiving I had to harvest my purple basil. A freeze was coming and I knew it would not survive. I could not bring it in because some ants had decided to move in. So I cut as many long stems of basil off the plant I could and placed them in a container of water. 



Since then I had been looking for ways to use the basil. I found a recipe for Thai Basil Beef on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. The recipe comes from Sugar Bang and is the creation of Master Chef Christine Ha [Click here for the recipe] and photos. It was really good and fast! I liked it best just warm. The cooler it was the more flavor it had in my humble opinion. I would make it again.

I decided to make pesto with the rest of the basil. I used a recipe from Rachael Ray. I thought it might be purple but it looked green to me. I used some to marinate a turkey breast that I grilled. It was delicious! The rest I put in the refrigerator and planned to toss it with some pasta.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...