Saturday, March 1, 2014

Roasted Chicken in a Bundt Pan

I saw this on Food Network's new show the Kitchen, I knew I had to try it. But there was not a recipe on the website. So I did a search and I found a lot of other recipes out there. Several people who tried it loved the moist chicken but complained about the lower half of the skin not getting crisp. So I decided to use the convection oven setting to see if that made a difference. It worked beautifully! The skin was nice and crisp from front to back; top to bottom. And the POTATOES! They were amazing! The potatoes absorb all the delicious seasonings and chicken flavor. If you ask me the chicken leg and the potatoes are the best part. Save that plate for the cook or give it to someone you really love. You could use just about any seasoning in this recipe. I tried the Italian Herb Rub I used on the Slow Cooker Roast Pork Sandwiches with Broccoli Rabe. It was just perfect, but I do look forward to trying many more rubs in the future. This is a great roast chicken technique.



Roasted Chicken in a Bundt Pan
Serves 4

Ingredients

28 oz. yellow new potatoes
1 onion, peeled and cut into eights
Olive oil
Italian Herb Rub (Click Here for Recipe)
Kosher salt, to taste (optional)
3 to 3-1/2 lb. chicken

Directions

Preheat convection oven to 375 degrees.

Place a Bundt pan on a cookie sheet. Place potatoes and onions in the bottom of the pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian Herb Rub and salt (if using); rub vegetables to evenly coat. Place chicken on center column of Bundt pan legs down. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian Herb Rub and salt (if using); rub chicken to evenly coat with oil and seasoning.

Roast for 1 hour and 10 minutes in a convection oven* or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted in the thickest part of the leg. Rotate once half way through cook time for even browning. Remove from oven and rest loosely covered with aluminum foil for 15 minutes. Carefully remove chicken from Bundt pan to a cutting board. Remove vegetables to a platter or serving bowl. Cut chicken into eight pieces and place on a serving platter.

*Note: I have not tried this recipe in a conventional oven. According to conversion charts to prepare in a conventional oven roast for approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes.









Linking to:
My Mixing Spoon: Random Recipe Roundup
This Gal Cooks: Marvelous Mondays
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo
The Tumbleweed Contessa: What'd You Do This Weekend?
Yesterfood: Treasure Box Tuesday
Anyonita Nibbles: Tasty Tuesdays
It's Your Life: Tuesdays with a Twist
Family Home and Life: Wow Us Wednesday
Buns In My Oven: What's Cookin' Wednesday
Turnips 2 Tangerines: Four Seasons Blog Hop
Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
My Turn for Us: Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends
Hungry Harps: #GetHimFed Fridays
Tales of a Pee Dee Mama: Food on Friday

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great way to roast chicken- thanks for sharing this delicious idea with us at Treasure Box Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this all of the time! Love this method for cooking chicken

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm probably the world's worst chicken roaster. Maybe this method is what I need? The potatoes that soak up all the juices sure sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me wish I had a convection oven since I love crispy skin on my chicken. I love that the potatoes soak up the chicken juices; I'm sure that makes them quite flavorful. Thanks for sharing at Food on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! Totally giving this a try - all I need is a reason to use the convection feature on my oven. :) Thank you for sharing at #GetHimFed Fridays!! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Four Seasons Blog Hop! I am pinning this so I can try it later!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for roasted chicken, can't wait to try this for my next roasted chicken. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...