Thursday, May 28, 2015

Piri Piri Salmon Tacos

I'm bringing Piri Piri back! Yes I am at it again, going to see how many times I can mention Piri Piri in a post. No really, I decided to put all the delicious Piri Piri seasonings, sauces and condiments to use tonight for tacos. I used salmon tonight but I look forward to trying many other varieties of fish and shrimp. The salmon is deliciously smokey from the Piri Piri Seasoning. The Spicy Cilantro Coleslaw adds fresh, sweet heat with the honey and jalapenos. The Piri Piri Mayo is creamy and spicy. It is the Piri Piri Sauce that is in there. I love the sweet flavor of the red bell pepper but it also brings the heat of the bird's eye chilies. It is funny that each component is spicy on their own but when you put it all together it to not too much. It is just right, great flavor and heat. I will definitely make these tacos again. I can't wait to roast a whole side of salmon and make these for Mom. It comes together so easily. This morning I made the Piri Piri Sauce first, then the Piri Piri Mayo and put them both in the frig to blend. Then about an hour before I was ready to eat put the coleslaw together. With all the components ready the cook and assemble was so fast. Another great, fast and healthy dinner thanks to Piri Piri.



Piri Piri Salmon Tacos
Serves 1

Ingredients

5 to 6 oz. Salmon filet
Piri Piri Seasoning, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
2 to 3 flour tortillas
2 to 3 tsp. Piri Piri Mayo
Spicy Cilantro Coleslaw
Cilantro, to garnish
Lime wedge
Piri Piri Sauce

Directions

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with a little olive oil. Place salmon on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil. Season salmon with salt and Piri Piri Seasoning. Bake for 6 minutes, remove from oven and flake with a fork.


Place a skillet on high heat, when hot warm the tortillas on both sides until warm and blistered. 

To serve spread each tortilla with Piri Piri Mayo, top with Spicy Cilantro Coleslaw, salmon, a squeeze of lime, cilantro and more Piri Piri Sauce. 







Linking to:
My Turn for Us: Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends
The Tumbleweed Contessa: What'd You do This Weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love piri piri and it sounds wonderful with salmon in these tacos, pinning to try! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks so good! Thanks for sharing on Taco Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...