Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hummus Power Bowls

I can't believe how excited I have become over this "no recipe" recipe. I mean it is just a salad really? It was funny how I came to learn about the Hummus Power Bowls, one day a co-worker ordered it at Panera for lunch. Then the very next day someone posted pics and a list of ingredients for a homemade version on My Fitness Pal. Immediately I was making my own at home. Now I am addicted. I have made them for lunch and dinner. They are so quick and easy. I have used deli turkey, can tuna and chicken; all delicious! I think what I love is that the hummus and lemon juice creates a creamy dressing for all the fresh ingredients. I even bought the ingredients and delivered them to my Mom. I also made my dear sister try one with tuna, she doesn't even like canned tuna. See I told you I was a little too excited. There are just so many flavor combinations you could make. Just change the hummus flavor, protein or veggies and you have a completely different bowl. Just you wait and see what I come up with next. Lots of ideas rolling around up there. In the mean time give this basic bowl a try and please comment leaving any combinations you try.



Hummus Power Bowls
Serves 1

Ingredients

Baby spinach
Sliced red onion
Halved grape tomatoes or diced tomato
Sliced cucumber
2 Tbsp. cilantro jalapeno hummus or any flavor you like
Sliced chicken, turkey, ham or flaked tuna
Fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
Salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions

To build a bowl start with baby spinach, top with red onion, tomato, cucumber, hummus and chicken. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.






Here are some Hummus recipes for inspiration.



Linking to:
My Pinterventures: Summer Salads Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...