Thursday, November 8, 2012

Spicy Sausage and Potato Soup

Yesterday I tried a recipe I found on a can of tomato sauce. I did make some substitutions for ingredients I had on hand. The original recipe called for bulk hot sausage, chicken broth and tomato sauce. This soup is hearty and smells almost like a crawfish boil while cooking. I will definitley make it again. Next time I will add a tablespoon of flour to the sausage, pepper and onions before adding the liquids. I think to will give the broth a little more body.




Spicy Sausage and Potato Soup
Adapted from: Essential Everyday
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

1 lb. sweet turkey Italian sausage
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 cups seafood stock
2 cups water
2 tsp chicken bouillon
3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, pureed
1 Tbsp hot sauce
1 Tbsp ground cumin
Salt and black pepper to taste

Directions

In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and crumble sausage, red pepper, onions and peppers until no longer pink.

Add remaining ingredients; salt to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.

Simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (about 20-25 minutes).

2 comments:

  1. Shared your soup on facebook. Sounds yummy.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wanda Ann, I really appreciate it. You are so kind! Thanks again.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...