Monday, February 4, 2013

Peppered Cheddar Dip

This dip was the perfect cooling accompaniment to the Barbecue Smoke Sausage for Super Bowl Sunday. My mother has been making this Peppered Cheddar Dip for years. But the most memorable occasion was for my sister's graduation from Tech. My parents brought crawfish, tables, chairs, table cloths, trays and this dip for after graduation. Mom bought some pottery bowls to put at each end of the table to fill with the dip. She served carrot and celery sticks in baskets to go with the dip. It was a beautiful set up and everyone enjoyed the meal. The memorable part was the teasing mom got from one of my friends for serving the dip in dog bowls. Yes the cute pottery bowls Mom bought were actually dog bowls. LOL!!! In fact one of the bowls was at our Super Bowl Party yesterday. Pug enjoyed her water from it.

This is a great dip, dog bowls optional. I have made it with light and even fat free sour cream and it is still great. I plan to try non fat Greek yogurt one day. The combo of cheddar, green pepper and Tabasco really makes this dip great.





Peppered Cheddar Dip

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3 Tbsp minced green pepper
Salt to taste
Tabasco sauce to taste

Directions

Mix all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with celery and carrots sticks.



Linking to:
Jam Hands: Recipe Sharing Monday
Miz Helen's Country Kitchen: Full Plate Thursday
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo
Carole's Chatter: Food on Fridays - Finger Foods for Parties
Tumbleweed Contessa: 2014 Super Bowl and Chili Party

6 comments:

  1. Great story about the dog bowls.
    I don't think I've seen a dip like this before, but it sounds really good!
    Thanks for linking, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dip sounds really good! And yeah, back at home my dad has some really good bowls for the dogs. Only, these really are not dog bowls - they are real good quality curry bowls. I think my dad loves his dogs too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute! Just goes to show you a bowl is a bowl, as long as someone eats out of it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope you enjoy the dip. Tell your Dad to give the dogs some love from me.

      Delete
  3. Hi Denise,
    We will just love the combination of flavor for this dip, it looks awesome. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Miz Helen, Let me know if you try it. I love feedback. Thanks for hosting us Thursday. See you soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...