Sunday, August 10, 2014

Recipe Review: Peach Buttermilk Sherbet

This photo makes me sad. First it is a bad photo color wise. I took it at night in the kitchen with all the lights, but it is just bad. My color corrections skills are not the best. So this is a bad photo of really delicious Peach Buttermilk Sherbet. The peaches and the recipe comes from Ed Lester Farms. They have some great recipes on their website. I made this sherbet twice and it was so easy and so good. It is both sweet and tangy. I will definitely make it again. I would love to try some other fruit in the recipe too. I love that you just blend and put it into the freezer. Very simple! If you are lucky enough to have some peaches lying around. You must try it.

The second reason this photo makes me sad is that Ed Lester Farms is now closed for the year. No more trips out there for fresh produce. I will have to wait until next year. It was fun and delicious while it lasted.



Peach Buttermilk Sherbet
Source: Ed Lester Farms 
Makes approx. 5 cups

Ingredients

2 cups Ed Lester Farms Peaches
1 cup sugar
1 egg*
1-1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
3/4 tsp. lemon zest
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups buttermilk

Directions

Using a blender, puree peaches with all ingredients except the buttermilk. Then stir in the buttermilk and freeze until firm. Delicious!

Note: * This recipe uses a raw egg. If you have any health issues you may want to use a pasteurized egg instead or consult with your physician.

Linking to:
Love Bake Good Cakes: The Ultimate List of Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt and Milkshakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...