Monday, July 21, 2014

Benton Farmer's Market

Sunday my friend and I went to Benton, LA for their farmer's market. We were still having slightly cooler days, so it was a great day to be out and about. This was both our first time at this market. We made one mistake, we had lunch before we went. This market had many food vendors and lots of samples being offered at every turn. Next time we go hungry. There were some tamales I need to try. This market has a little bit of everything, food, produce, baked goods, preserved items, a demonstration or two. My favorite was the young boy who brought his club shaped gourds to sell. He told us that the native Americans would dry them, cut off a portion of the round bulb of the gourd and make a drinking cup to hang by their water source. Very cute, smart young man.



We walked away with some bread-n-butter pickles, 2 fruit breads, squash, onions, heirloom cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. 


But my friend found the most amazing find of the day, Almond Toffee Butter! It is so amazing! I mean I have had commercial almond butter you purchase at the store, but it has nothing on this handmade butter from Hoover's Seasonal Produce. It is delicious! I love the crunchy texture. It is not to sweet, just perfect on toast. I enjoyed some this morning with my coffee. So good! Thanks D for the treat! What will we do when we run out? I guess we will go back right? The market is open Sunday only from 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. and continues through Sunday, July 27, 2014. So don't miss out, only one left.




For more about Benton Farmer's Market check out their website here.

For your own Almond Butter and more about Hoover's Seasonal Produce 
go to their website here.

1 comment:

  1. I love going to the Farmer's Market! I go almost every weekend for my fruits and veggies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...