Monday, March 9, 2015

Piri Piri Mushrooms

I am still experimenting with the Piri Piri Sauce and Piri Piri Seasoning I made. Today I tried to make Piri Piri Mushrooms. This is only one of the toppings served in some Piri Piri restaurants. They were deliciously smoky and a little spicy. Great on the leftover Piri Piri Chicken. I can't wait to try them on a burger. I never think of mushrooms adding smoke to a dish but these certainly will. Yum!



Piri Piri Mushrooms
Serves 2

Ingredients

1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. butter
2 Tbsp. red onion, diced
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
a sprinkle of Piri Piri Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Piri Piri Sauce

Directions

Place pan over medium high heat, melt butter in olive oil. Add onions and mushrooms. Season with Piri Piri Seasoning, saute until mushrooms begin to soften. Add Piri Piri Sauce continue to saute until mushrooms are brown and most of the liquid has evaporated. Serve as a topping for Piri Piri Chicken, Shrimp or Fish.

Linking to:
Stone Cottage Adventures: Tuesdays with a Twist
Anyonita Nibbles: #tastytuesdays
The Diary of a Real Housewife: Friday Favorites
Mary's Kitchen: Real Food Friday
Ms. enPlace: See Ya in the Gumbo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,
    I have made piri piri chicken but never the mushrooms. This looks delicious and I agree - they'd be fantastic on burgers!
    I found your recipe at Real Food Fridays and it's great to find such a beautiful blog. Following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Robyn, I have burgers on my mind. I will be trying it soon. I was following your wonderful blog on Pinterest. Now following on Twitter and Google+ too. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. I used to put mushrooms in everything until I got a mold allergy and had to stop eating them. But this sounds so tasty. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays. Pinned & twitted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...