Friday, March 20, 2015

Piri Piri Turkey Burger

I have been experimenting with different Piri Piri CondimentsRecently I made Piri Piri Turkey Burgers. I used my new condiments, Pineapple Pico de Gallo, lemon zest and Piri Piri Seasoning. Do you think I left anything out? I tried to pack as much flavor in there as possible. I used Piri Piri Mayo inside the burger with the zest of one lemon. Then I seasoned the outside with the Piri Piri Seasoning. They were moist and well seasoned. I loved the rusty red color the seasoning gave them. They were also wonderfully smoky. I tried the Piri Piri Mayo and Pineapple Pico first. It was delicious but the winning condiment was the Piri Piri Ketchup. It was AMAZING! By far my favorite condiment I tried on the burgers. It complimented the Pineapple Pico de Gallo and for some reason it highlights the red pepper flavor in the Piri Piri Sauce. Delicious! It has that sweet and spicy thing going for it. I can't wait to try it out on the family. I think making sliders so everyone can try each version might be a good idea. I will be sure to share that experiment with you too.



Piri Piri Turkey Burgers
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

20 oz. ground turkey (93% lean)
Zest of 1 lemon
Olive oil
4 Hamburger Buns

Directions

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine first 3 ingredients gently. Shape mixture into 4 patties, making the patties thinner in the middle then the edge. Coat hands in a little olive oil and rub on the outside of each patty. Season both side with Piri Piri Seasoning.

Grill, covered with grill lid, 6 to 7 minutes. Flip burger and grill covered for another 6 minutes. Place hamburger buns on the top rack of the grill to toast (optional). Serve on hamburger buns with Piri Piri Ketchup and Pineapple Pico de Gallo.





Shown above with Piri Piri Mayo

Linking to:
The Diary of a Real Housewife: Friday Favorites
Ms. en Place: See Ya in the Gumbo
Tumbleweed Contessa: What'd You Do This Weekend?
Anyonita Nibbles: #tastytuesdays
Back to the Basics: Tuesdays with a Twist
Dizzy, Busy & Hungry: Wine'd Down Wednesday
Carole's Chatter: Food on Friday - Pineapple

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I love piri piri and love your idea to use it in mayo and ketchup. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the slider idea since I would have a hard time choosing! Piri piri mayo sounds good.
    Thank you for sharing with the final See Ya in the Gumbo. It's a little sad to see it end, but I'm happy I got to know you through it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...