Saturday, March 23, 2013

Shepherd's Salad

This salad is fabulous!! The original recipe came from an old Weight Watcher's cookbook. The recipe served twelve. I modified the recipe to serve four and used herbs my family enjoys. I use one part parsley and half parts mint and oregano. I chop everything in a small dice. It would make a great salsa with pita chips. It is best served fresh, but will keep in the refrigerator overnight not longer. If stored in the refrigerator it will release a lot of liquid but is still delicious. I great side with grilled proteins like chicken and fish.




Shepherd's Salad
Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients

1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
1 english cucumber, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/2 cup mix of fresh parsley, mint, and oregano, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz. feta, crumbled

Directions

Combine everything but feta in a bowl; toss to combine well. Add feta and toss again.




2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of serving this salad with grilled chicken or fish. Nice summer supper! Thanks for linking, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flavor combination for your salad. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...